- From AAP News SmartBrief 1/23/17
Updated recommendations issued on live contact practices in college football
- From AAP News OnCall 1/16/17
New program - Screening in Practice Initiative
- From AAP 1/13/17
A Message from AAP President Fernando Stein, MD, FAAP
- From AAP SmartBrief 1/11/17
AAP comments on FDA warning on anesthesia use in young children
- From AAP News OnCall 1/9/17
New guidelines detail use of 'infant-safe' peanut to prevent allergy
- From AAP News OnCall 1/9/17
Updated guideline advises on treating children with impacted cerumen
- From AAP NewsOnCall – 1/2/17
Liability risks associated with mental health care can be managed: Primary care pediatricians have a growing sense of responsibility and unique opportunities to prevent and address mental health and substance use problems in the medical home. Link Here
- From AAP NewsOnCall – 1/2/17
January is National Birth Defects Prevention Month: Prevention of infections such as those caused by common viruses, sexually transmitted diseases, and infections are critical to reducing the risks for birth defects. Pediatricians can partner with families to prevent infections to protect babies. Visit the National Birth Defects Prevention Network website for more information Click Here
- From AAP Department of Public Affairs 1/2/17
STORES RECOMMEND SPORTS SUPPLEMENT FOR UNDERAGE CUSTOMERS DESPITE POSSIBLE HEALTH RISKS: Link Here
- From AAP SmartBrief 1/4/17
New AAP president details priorities for 2017
- Please click here to view the "Zika Virus 411: Who you gonna call?" presentation by Dr. Anne Bailowitz. Posted 4/15/16.
- Please click here to read the Baltimore Sun article Maryland cancer centers pushing for more use of HPV vaccine. Posted 1/29/16.
- Please click here to read the Baltimore Sun article Vaccine for common respiratory infection shows promise in trials, which features a picture of Rachel Plotnick, MD, FAAP. Posted 1/5/16.
- The Maryland Heroin and Opioid Emergency Task Force has released its final report. Please click here to view a summary. Please click here to view the full report. Posted 12/3/15.
- Please click here to view a press release regarding Teen Driver Deaths on the Decline in Maryland. Posted 7/1/15.
- Please click here to view the 2015 Legislative Report. Thank you to everyone who participated in this year's session. Posted 6/4/15.
- Click here to view the prescription for a safer teen driver. Posted 3/18/15
- Please click here to view the Baltimore Statement on Childhood Vaccination. Posted 2/10/15
- The National Center for Medical Home Implementation (NCMHI) in the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is excited to announce the launch of a brand new online resource guide,“Building Your Medical Home: An Introduction to Pediatric Primary Care Transformation”. Posted 2/2/15
- Which outcome do you choose for your female patients? Click to view article. Posted 11/20/14
- Response from the AAP Board of Directors
to the Top Ten 2014 Resolutions.Posted 11/13/14
- Advocates urge increase of Maryland's tobacco tax. Click to view article and video.Posted 5/6/14
- Dr. Jacqueline Dougé is CDC Childhood Immunization Champion Award Winner.Posted 5/1/14
- Dr. Oscar Taub is Number 6 on Health Professionals on the Move for recieving a grant to help adolescents transition from pediatric to adult medical care.Posted 4/21/14
- CDC Announces 1 in 68 Children Has an Autism Spectrum Disorder. Posted 3/28/14
- Center for Infant & Child Loss Safe Sleep Video
- New school immunization requirements beginning school year 2014-2015. Posted 5/9/14
- CHAMP Guide for PCPs on Recognizing and Reporting Child Maltreatment. Posted 3/14/14
- New Stroller Safety Standards From the Consumer Product Safety Commission Posted 3/14/14
- The Pediatric Pain Management CME event was well received. With permission of the presenters, here are their presentations - Dr. Yaster;Dr. Kost-Byerly;Dr. Celedon.Posted 2/19/14.
- Please read Dr. Scott Krugman's article "Lost in Translation".Posted 1/3/14.
- Deadly Diseases Like Measles And Mumps Make Frightening Comeback - Report from WJZ. Posted 11/12/13.
- Dr. Scott Krugman was interviewed by C4 regarding the new policy statement issued by the AAP that indicates teens should be encouraged to abstain from sex, but sexually active teens need easy access to condoms. Please click here to listen to his first interview and click here to listen to the second interview. Posted 11/5/13.
- Dr. Scott Krugman was interviewed by WBAL TV11 regarding the new policy statement issued by the AAP that indicates teens should be encouraged to abstain from sex, but sexually active teens need easy access to condoms. Please click here to view the video. Posted 11/5/13.
- U.S. Must Not Neglect Millions of Chilren Still Living in Poverty says American Academy of Pediatrics. Posted 9/13.
- The PA Chapter of the AAP and the AAP have published the 5th edition of Model Child Care Health Policies. This new edition is a practical tool for adoption and implementation of best practices for health and safety in group care settings for young children. Please click here to view. Posted 10/22/13.
- Congratulations to Dr. Scott Krugman, President of the MDAAP, for receiving the 2013 AAP Local Heroes Award for his community action and advocacy for children. Posted 10/4/13
- Webinar recording now available: Payment Strategies for Mental Health. This 90 minute webinar provides Chapter Leadership and Pediatric Councils on strategies to advocate/promote mental health payment by payers. Please click here to view the webinar. Posted 9/17/13.
- The Center for Autism and Related Disorders is looking for participants for a study designed to identify early signs of healthy and delayed development. Please click here for more information. Posted 9/16/13
- Baltimore Sun Op-ed story by MDAAP Chapter Champion for Breastfeeding Dana Silver, M.D. on Maryland leading the way on breastfeeding. Posted 8/21/13
- Baltimore Sun Op-ed story by MDAAP President Scott Krugman on making food safety a priority.Posted 6/10/13
- Online Resource Database for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs. Posted 5/31/13
- WBAL Interview with Scott Krugman, MD - MDAAP President