Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Resources
Maryland Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics
Maryland Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics
- MDAAP website
- “Doctors, health care workers don’t have enough protective gear to keep them safe from coronavirus” – MDAAP Commentary: Written by MDAAP President Maria Brown, Rich Lichenstein (Chair, MDAAP Disaster Preparedness Committee), and Susie Lipton (Chair, MDAAP Infectious Diseases Committee), read it here.
National American Academy of Pediatrics
- AAP website
- AAP Guidance: Telehealth Payer Policy in Response to COVID-19, here.
- Coding for COVID-19 and Non-Direct Care, here.
- State Notices on Telehealth Policy in Response to COVID-19, here.
- National AAP President Sally Goza, MD, Letter of March 24, 2020 to Speaker Pelosi, Minority Leader McCarthy, Majority Leader McConnell, and Minority Leader Schumer, here.
- Webinar: “Telehealth and COVID-19” Recording, here.
- “Telehealth Care and After Hours Care”, here.
- AAP COVID-19 Dedicated Email: For member inquiries, questions, or comments related to COVID-19 pandemic, email COVIDemail@example.com.
- Critical Updates on COVID-19, here.
- COVID-19 outbreak, here.
- Responding to Coronavirus in Pediatric Practice: A message from AAP President Dr. Sally Goza, here.
- Help Children Understand Coronavirus: Tips from the President of the American Academy of Pediatrics, here.
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infections, here.
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), here.
- Policy Statement: Infection Prevention and Control in Pediatric Ambulatory Settings, here.
- COVID-19 Talking Points, here.
- COVID-19 Advocacy Resources, here.
District III, American Academy of Pediatrics
- “The Business Impact of COVID-19 On Pediatric Practices”, here.
Maryland Business Resources
- Maryland Department of Commerce, here.
- Maryland Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Relief Loan Fund: This $75 million loan fund (for for-profit businesses only) offers no interest or principal payments due for the first 12 months, then converts to a 36-month term loan of principal and interest payments, with an interest rate at 2% per annum, here.
- Maryland Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grant Fund: This $50 million grant program for businesses and non-profits offers grant amounts up tp $10,000, not to exceed 3 months of demonstrated cash operating expenses for the first quarter of 2020, here.
- Maryland COVID-19 Emergency Relief Manufacturing Fund: This $5 million incentive program helps Maryland manufacturers to produce personal protective equipment (PPE) that is urgently needed by hospitals and health-care workers across the country, here.
- Maryland Department of Labor, here.
- Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19 and Maryland’s Unemployment Insurance Benefits Administration – Unemployment Insurance, here.
- Work Sharing – A Smart Alternative to Layoffs – Unemployment Insurance, here.
- FAQs – Maryland COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund Programs for Businesses, here.
Federal Business Resources
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources, here.
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), here.
- COVID-19 Economic Disaster Loan Application, here.
- Small Business Guide: This guide is a comprehensive document describing programs available to small businesses, certain non-profits and other business developed under the CARES Act. Programs include the Payroll Protection Program, Emergency Economic Injury Grant and Small Business Debt Relief Program as well as others. The document includes a FAQ for each program as well as information on how to apply, here.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights, here.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employer Paid Leave Requirements, here.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers, here.
- Employee Rights (Poster), here.
- IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments, here.
- Loans Available for Nonprofits in the CARES Act, here.
Pediatrician and Pediatric Healthcare Provider Wellness
- Outpatient Behavioral Health Centers – Sheppard Pratt Health System, here.
- Local Organizations With Mental Health Expertise – Mental Health.gov, here.
- Therapists in Maryland – Psychology Today, here.
- APA Coronavirus Resources – American Psychiatric Association, here.
- Manage Anxiety & Stress – CDC, here.
- Emergency Responders: Tips for taking care of yourself – CDC, here.
- American Psychological Association, here.
- Coronavirus Sanity Guide – Ten Percent Happier, here.
- Headspace for Free, sponsored by Headspace for Maryland HCPs, here.
Interested in Volunteering?
- Maryland Responds Medical Reserve Corps, here.
- COVID-19 Medical Student Labor Initiative, here. For more information, contact Gabriella Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org), Cara Dooley (email@example.com), Breanna Tracey (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Points of Light Virtual Volunteerism, here.
Maryland Department of Health
- MDH website
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Outbreak – Resources for Health Care Professionals, here.
- PPE Resource Inquiries and Requests – MDH Office of Preparedness & Response, here.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Outbreak, here.
- Maryland Medicaid Telehealth Program, here.
Maryland Health Care Commission
MDH Maryland Primary Care Program
- MDPCP website
- Information about guidances, clinician letters, telehealth guidance, daily webinars with updates, and FAQs.
Centers for Disease Control, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- CDC website
- NEW – CDC 24-hour Emergency Operations Center, 770-488-7100, and COVID-19 website for health care professionals, here.
- Resources for Clinics and Healthcare Facilities – Maintaining Childhood Immunizations During COVID-19 Pandemic, here.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19), here.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions, here.
- Webinar: “Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Update – What Clinicians Need to Know to Prepare for COVID-19 in the United States” – Recording from March 5, 2020, here.
- Evaluating and Testing PUI, here.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Summary, here.
- Healthcare Professionals, here
- Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Patients with Suspected or Confirmed Healthcare Settings, here.
- Schools & Childcare, here.
- Healthcare Supply of Personal Protective Equipment, here.
- N95 Respirators, here.
- MMWR Novel Coronavirus Reports, here.
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers, here.
World Health Organization
MedChi/The Maryland State Medical Society
State of Maryland Governor Larry Hogan
- COVID-19 Pandemic: Executive Orders and Interpretive Guidances, here.
- The Hogan Administration’s COVID-19 Response, here.
- Maryland Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Business, here.
Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering
- Map Tracks Coronavirus Outbreak in Near Real Time, here.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- CMS website
- Coverage and Benefits Related to COVID-19 Medicaid and CHIP, here.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Partner Toolkit, here.
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Stakeholder Calls, here.