Injury, Violence and Poison Prevention Committee
The MDAAP Committee on Injury, Violence, and Poison Prevention is dedicated to protecting children from preventable injuries, which represent the leading cause of mortality and morbidity in children. We seek to achieve this goal through education and advocacy.
Our educational mission:
• Use collaborative research to address key gaps in the science of injury, violence, and poisoning prevention
• Use evidence-based practices to implement educational programs aimed and decreasing rates of childhood injury
• Share information and activities across a variety of platforms to coordinate efforts, harmonize messages and priorities with other similar organizations
Our advocacy mission:
• Strengthen policy advocacy efforts at the local, state, and national levels using evidence-based injury prevention tools
• Provide pediatrician testimonials as needed to advance legislation to protection children from injuries, violence, and poisonings
• Partner with local and state leaders to develop policies that promote injury prevention
To decrease mortality and morbidity from injury, violence, and poisoning among children.
Mary Beth Howard, MD, FAAP
For contact information, go to https://www.mdaap.org/member-pages/member-resources/.